Sorry for the late post, (again!) it was a crazy busy couple of days. I managed to get some work in on Welcome Friends, one of the kits I am doing for my WIPocalypse goals.
Forgive the hoop marks, lol! I managed to get most of the second leaf done, and let me tell you, that was alot of different shades of green! And blended colors, so not used to those anymore after spending so much time in the wonderful world of HAED's. It is really starting to come together, I am hoping to finish this off in the next month or so, and then 2 of my yearly goals will be complete! Woohoo!
I was shocked and honored to be awarded my very first blog award by Keebles, from Keebles World! I can't say enough good things about her, and she has been going through a very rough time right now, but still manages to stitch and keep a sense of humor about life, and everytime I read her blog it makes me smile! So thank you so much!
Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
I am not sure if any of the blogs I picked have gotten this already or not, but if so, that just means you are extra special!
1. Maiden-Mother-Crone- Three of the most talented ladies all in the same blog! Their stitching always leaves me in awe, and gives me more stuff to put on my stash wishlist!
2. Miamina's Musings- Angie is a lovely lady with serious stitching skills. She not only stitches Mirabilia designs (of which I love!) but also HAED's!
3. Shazzumps Stupid Little Corner- Not only is her stitching amazing, but she loves all the same books I do!
4. Beth's Blog - Another talented stitcher, and her range of projects is so neat! Also, I think her stash might be bigger than mine....lol!
5. Needles and Haystacks- Last but certainly not least is my Cowgirl Kate, who has just delved into the wild and wonderful world of HAED addiction! Plus she loves horses!
Onto the 5 random facts about me...
1. Believe it or not, I work in a warehouse for a living. Yup, I cross stitch by night and drive a big bad-ass forklift by day! Now all I need is a cape...lol
2. I own a compound bow, and I know how to use it! Not actually a bad shot, I do most of my practice up at my cottage.
3. Definately child like, and pizza is my favorite food. Seriously, if you look in my fridge and cupboard you would swear a small child lives here.
4. I am an anime nut, and would love to travel to Japan, just so I can see the posters and billboards. Lame, I know, lol
5. Lastly, I am 27, and am single and living alone at the moment, but I would love to find someone to settle down with, and raise a family. It took me a while to realize what I wanted, so now I am just hoping Mr. Right comes along.
Sorry for the monster post, but so excited about my first award! A big thank you again to Keeble! Oh, and just to leave you hanging, I was a bad girl on the weekend...yup, that's right, a new start! Pics coming soon!